Why did two former Atlassian employees choose Wollongong?
Resident spotlight: The Art of Perseverance – Arijea
iAccelerate resident company Arijea is the brainchild of two former Silicon Valley employees. Hear founders Nick Muldoon and Dave Elkan discuss their ambitions for the business; what success looks like to them and why they choose Wollongong as the place to achieve this.
Celebrating iAccelerate’s massive achievements.
2016 was a massive year for iAccelerate, the University of Wollongong’s business incubator program. The highlight of the year was the official opening of the new $16.5M iAccelerate building, which will set the stage for future growth.
During the year, iAccelerate companies also hit some major milestones, including:
- More than 1.2 million customers;
- Generation of $5.4 million in revenue (since 1.4.2016), $1.6M in equity capital raised (since 1.4.2016), $970,000 in successful grants (since 1.4.2016);
- 57 products launched since inception (from 2012) and 74 additional products under development (NPD);
- 19 successful applications for registration of Intellectual Property from 22 applications (86% success rate); and
- The creation of 213 jobs since inception, including 84 full time staff, 73 part time staff, and 56 other jobs (interns, volunteers, students).