Countdown to first cruise ship is on.
In just a few months, Wollongong will welcome its first ever cruise ship with Royal Caribbean’s Radiance of the Seas making its maiden voyage into Wollongong on 30 October 2016.
Radiance of the Seas will carry around 2500 passengers and 700 staff who will have the chance to taste what Wollongong has to offer. Passengers can choose to explore Wollongong at their leisure or join one of 6 day trips offering a variety of local attractions including:
* Enjoying the dramatic landscapes of Bald Hill and Sea Cliff bridge;
* Visiting Fitzroy Falls; the Kiama Blowhole and a treetops walk in the rainforest;
* Participating in a mindfulness and meditation session at the Nan Tien Temple, the largest Buddhist temple in the southern hemisphere;
* A visit to Symbio Wildlife Park; and
* Enjoying the views of the escarpment from Mt Keira lookout.
The cruise ship will provide a significant direct economic benefit of $897,000 to the region and will showcase Wollongong all around the world. Wollongong will be putting on a Food and Wine Fair on the day for tourists to sample and enjoy all that the region has to offer.
See how the local community is excited to welcome it's first cruise ship.