iAccelerate is the region's first purpose built business incubator and is located on the Innovation Campus.
Providing a permanent home for 280 entrepreneurs across 4,000 square metres, iAccelerate is designed to foster the next generation of entrepreneurs and grow new businesses. The iAccelerate program is built around a robust educational plan, formalised business acceleration monitoring and one-to-one mentoring. The two stream program caters for businesses in both the start-up phase and those already established that are looking to accelerate their growth.
Officially opened in July 2016, iAccelerate has already celebrated some major achievements:
- More than 1.2 million customers.
- Generation of $5.4 million in revenue (since 1.4.2016), $1.6M in equity capital raised (since 1.4.2016), $970,000 in successful grants (since 1.4.2016).
- 57 products launched since inception (from 2012) and 74 additional products under development (NPD).
- 19 successful applications for registration of Intellectual Property from 22 applications (86% success rate).
- The creation of 213 jobs since inception, including 84 full time staff, 73 part time staff, and 56 other jobs (interns, volunteers, students).