Wollongong has a proud and successful history of providing innovative technology and services to both the Australian Defence Forces (“ADF”) and the global defence industry.
Wollongong companies offer a wide range of capabilities to defence, including:
- Military-grade communications systems.
- Armoured steel plate.
- High-end welding and engineering.
- Engineered plastics and polyurethane.
- Electrical isolators and enclosures.
- Specialist protective coatings.
- Base safety systems.
- Ruggedised medical computing devices.
- Specialist labour services.
Leading defence research and development organisations in Wollongong include:
- Defence Materials Technology Centre (DMTC).
- The SMART Infrastructure Facility.
- The Steel Research Hub.
- The Centre for Computer and Information Security Research.
Wollongong’s strong track record in converting technical know-how and supportive research into defence capability continues to ensure that the ADF maintains its technological edge.
Click here for the Advantage Wollongong Defence Industry Strategy.
Click here to download the Advantage Wollongong Defence Industry Quad Chart Booklet.